“The market for natural gas Ukraine based on the principles of free competition, adequate consumer protection and security of natural gas supply”
Organizational and legal basis of supply (sale) of natural gas are:
- The Law of Ukraine “On the natural gas market” (link)
- Code gas transport system (link)
- Rules of natural gas supply (link)
Price and payment arrangements
According to Part 2 of Article 12 of the Law of Ukraine “On the natural gas market,” the supply of natural gas is carried out at prices set freely between the supplier and the consumer, except as provided in this Law. Considering the above, the price of natural gas and the calculation for gas established parties Agreement (link).
Rights and duties
The rights and obligations of the supplier and the consumer are governed by the Law of Ukraine “On the natural gas market” and “Rules of natural gas supply” (further – Rules) according to which:
The supplier has the following rights:
- conclude natural gas supply contract with any consumer and the absence of arrears for natural gas consumers to put the current supplier of natural gas to consumers in the period following the period of the current supply of natural gas supplier;
- get the consumer timely pay for gas under the contract;
- for unimpeded access (upon presentation of official identification) to the Units for gas installed at the sites of gas consumption consumer information for verification of the actual consumption of natural gas;
- full and accurate information to consumers, which signed an agreement on natural gas consumption modes;
- to initiate the termination (restriction) of natural gas to consumers in accordance with the contract for the supply of natural gas and pursuant to the Regulations;
- other rights under these Rules and applicable law.
The supplier must:
- comply with the Rules;
- ensure the supply of natural gas on terms and in amounts determined by the contract for the supply of natural gas subject to discipline a consumer selecting natural gas and accounts for it;
- ensure submission of all necessary documents to confirm the operator GTS necessary volume of natural gas to the consumer if the consumer performed their duties to the supplier, to order required volume consumer of natural gas;
- the established procedure to consider the demands of consumers regarding activities related to the supply of natural gas;
- provide timely accurate information to consumers;
- to inform the consumer if the provider is in the process of liquidation or bankruptcy, or supplier goes on procedure suspension / revocation of license for the supply of natural gas, or a license for the supply of natural gas withdrawn or its effect stopped and the lack of resources natural gas;
- adhere to minimum standards and requirements for quality of service consumers of natural gas;
- perform other duties stipulated by the Rules and applicable law.
The consumer shall:
- comply with the Rules;
- enforce discipline selection (consumption) of natural gas in the amounts and on the terms stipulated in the contract;
- timely and fully pay for the delivered natural gas under the conditions stipulated in the contract;
- implement measures aimed at preventing danger to life or injury, damage to equipment and products, adverse environmental effects, etc. in the case of a notice of termination (limitation) supply (distribution / transport) of natural gas;
- provide access of representatives of the supplier on presentation of official certificate on the territory of their own facilities for checking data of actual consumption of natural gas;
- limit yourself (stop) of natural gas in the following cases:
- violation of terms of payment under the contract for the supply of natural gas;
- lack or insufficient amount of proven natural gas allocated to the consumer;
- excessive daily rate and / or monthly amount of proven natural gas without the consent of the supplier;
- no signed contract supply of natural gas;
- other cases provided by these Rules and applicable law.
The consumer has the right to:
- to free choice of supplier
- for natural gas in the amount determined by the contract for natural gas, subject to its terms;
- the simultaneous signing of several contracts for natural gas if its annual natural gas consumption exceeds 30 million cubic meters. meters;
- for free information on supplier prices for natural gas and manner of payment;
- stop yourself (limit) selection of gas for its own use in compliance with applicable law, which shall inform in writing all of the natural gas market, which concluded appropriate contracts;
- call for the reopening of natural gas in the prescribed manner after elimination of violations and payment of compensation for service disconnection and connection termination if gas was no breach of contract supply of natural gas;
- other rights provided by law.
Settlement of Disputes
Disputes between the consumer and the supplier for the supply of natural gas, the payment service provider, damages, etc. should be resolved through negotiations, and in case of disagreement – the courts.
The consumer and provider are not limited to the right to appeal to the regulator or its territorial subdivisions at the appropriate clarifications on the application of the Rules and relationships in the natural gas market.
Responsible person for the contracting of natural gas and the settlement of disputes between suppliers and consumers:
phone:+380 (67)239 97 93
Reception and customer service:
Reception and customer service and dispute resolution are Monday through Friday from 09:00 h. 18:00 h. at 79000, Lviv, Haidamatska str. 9a
tel.:+380 (32) 259-00-51